Monday, March 29, 2010

Craft Brunch Bunch

There's no denying that spring has sprung.
This weekend was the official beginning of spring for me. I didn't blog last week because, to be completely honest, I didn't have it in me to sit in front of the computer when I could be outside enjoying the beauitful sunshiney days we've been having here.
A couple weeks ago, my close friend, Ruthi Auda, and I decided it was time to implement a monthly craft brunch. Appropriately, we named it the Craft Brunch Bunch.
On the menu this week:
*mimosas
*croissants from a local bakery
*homemade cinnamon rolls (thank you Ruthi!!)
*homemade lemon muffins w/ homemade blueberry drizzle (courtes de moi)
*peach & grapefruit slices covered in powdered sugar
I hosted the first meeting.
Here are some photos from our time together!
Carissa is the Visual Display Coordinator for Anthropologie in Rancho Cucamonga. She made these amazing birds from Hansen's drink cans!
Paige worked on a necklace made from mixed media materials. So cute!
Whitney croqueted the most adorable blue octopus!
Ruthi worked on a gift based on an inside joke for some friends...
And I finished embroidering one panel of our curtains...
We had a really great time enjoying and getting to know one another, while working on our projects, drinking mimosas, and relaxing. It was wonderful!
If you live in Southern California and are interested in joining, please contact me @ heather.trine@gmail.com so that I may contact you regarding our next meeting time and place. We'd love to have you!
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" (Robin Williams)

0 Responses: